• Mating: Monogamous
• Incubation Period: 35 days on average, February through April
• Clutch Size: Usually 2 eggs; with a range of 1 to 3
• Young: Altricial (helpless and dependent on the parents). They leave the nest after 10-13 weeks
• Number of Broods per Year: 1; however, if a nest is destroyed, some pairs will “recycle” and initiate a second nest within the same year
• Migration Patterns: Adults are generally year-round residents; immature birds sometimes migrate during spring and fall.
• Feeding Periods: Anytime during daylight hours
• Typical Foods: Mostly fish, will also feed upon waterfowl, small mammals, and carrion