Expected Completion Date: May 1, 2022
Total Funding: $4,600,000
Welcome to the Future Alum Creek Marina
The new Alum Creek marina building will include retail and boat rental space, food service, public restrooms and shower facilities, and outdoor gathering spaces. The facility will replace the former marina building and complement the recently renovated docks and fuel system installed at the main marina. Those upgrades have been designed to better meet the needs of the boating community.
- Construction began at the site in Spring of 2021.
- The project cost is estimated at $4.6 million and will be funded in part by the Waterway Safety Fund, that reinvests money from boat registrations and fuel to improve, repair, upgrade, or install boating facilities like ramps, marinas, safety programs, and other boating related programs in Ohio.
One of ODNR’s busiest properties, Alum Creek State Park is a popular boating, fishing, swimming, and camping destination.
The new marina building will join other recent improvements:
- Storybook Trail
- Rentable kayaks and new playground equipment at the beach
- New camp store/registration building
- New camper cabins
- 18 full-service campsites added
- Updated campground electric
- Dog park improvements
- Two new picnic shelters
- New restrooms at the New Galena and Howard Road Boat Ramps