Division of Geological Survey
The ODNR Division of Geological Survey is the state's oldest natural resources agency, established by the state legislature in 1837 as the Geological Survey of Ohio. Commonly referred to as the Ohio Geological Survey, the division has been in continuous operation since 1900 and is one of the seven originally chartered divisions of the Ohio Department of Natural Resources, which was created by the legislature in 1949. Learn more about the ODNR Division of Geological Survey on our frequently asked questions page here.
To provide geologic information and services needed for responsible management of Ohio's natural resources.
To be recognized as an innovative team conducting relevant geologic investigations and increasing awareness of Ohio geology.