Friends of Strouds Run
The Friends of Strouds Run is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization out of Athens that works in partnership with Strouds Run State Park. The group started as an off shoot of the Strouds Run Task Force convened in 2005 and was incorporated in 2007.
Activities, Projects, and Accomplishments:
- Installation of interpretive signage along the trails
- Trail maintenance and repair including installing bridges and culverts on 40+ miles of trails in the park
- Invasive species removal
- Lakeside clean-ups
- Funded, designed, and oversaw construction of information kiosk at Hickory-Trace Trail
- Built the information kiosk at Dow Lake Dam
- Worked with Division of Parks & Watercraft to create the kayak and canoe launch ramp
- Raised funds to build the ½ mile long accessible Blackhaw Trail along the lake.