The Friends of West Branch State Park is a group of volunteers, many of whom enjoy camping in the park with their families. They work in concert with the park’s administration to provide financial support and labor to improve the visitor experience and complete a variety of park beautification projects.
Special events managed by the group, such as ice cream socials, are highlights for many of our visitors. There are many ways to help the Friends of West Branch be it gathering supplies, staffing events, or helping to plan upcoming activities.
Activities, Projects, and Accomplishments:
- Litter cleanup and park beautification days
- Ice Cream Socials at the Amphitheatre on Saturday evenings
- 4th of July activities such as the children’s bike parade
- Key partners in the capstone event at West Branch, the Halloween Campout. This event includes family-friendly activities like coloring contests, site decorating contests, and pet parades
- Fundraising and purchase of the “Camper Friends” building to host meetings and special events
fundraising to build a pavilion for the ice cream socials and other special events