Rifle/Pistol, Shotgun, & Archery B, C, D
A = Supervised Rifle and Pistol Target Range
B = Unsupervised Rifle and Pistol Target Range
C = Unsupervised Clay Target Shotgun Range
D = Unsupervised Archery Target Range
O = Other Public Ranges; not classified by the Division of Wildlife
'*' = Supervised Trap & Skeet Range; Unsupervised Hand Trap Range (call range for details)
Class A, B, and C Rifle, Pistol, and Shotgun Ranges
- All persons age 18 and older shooting on ODNR Division of Wildlife Class A, B, and C ranges must purchase a Shooting Range Permit which is available at all hunting & fishing license outlets. Permits are not sold at the shooting ranges. These permits partially offset the cost of operations, maintenance, trash removal, and improvements.
- Shooters age 17 and under are not required to purchase a permit, but must be accompanied by and directly monitored by an adult (age 18 years or older) holding a valid Shooting Range Permit.
- Legal targets on all shooting ranges are single sheet paper targets, or stationary reactive or self healing polymer targets only. Shooters must supply their own target holders, which must meet the approval of the shooting range attendant. Grand River and Spring Valley supply target holders. The shooting of fully automatic firearms, and rapid fire of semi-automatic firearms are strictly prohibited.
- All Class A ranges have handicap accessible parking, shooting benches and restroom facilities
Annual Shooting Range Permit
- Allows the holder to be admitted to Division of Wildlife Class-A, B, and C shooting ranges for one year
- Cost: $24.00
- Code: 700
1-Day Shooting Range Permit
- Allows the holder to be admitted to Division of Wildlife Class-A, B, and C shooting ranges for one day
- Cost $5.00
- Code: 720
Shooting Range Permit year begins March 1 and ends the last day of February. All costs include a $1.00 writing fee. All sales are final. No refunds are given.
Class D Archery Ranges
These Ranges are open free-of-charge. No permit is required to use these ranges, and no range attendant or restroom facilities are provided.