Ohio State Parks is committed to offering safe outdoor adventures at all of its parks this season.
All Ohio State Parks remain open for recreational hiking, fishing, boating, swimming and picnicking except for:
- Any beaches due to water quality/advisory (unrelated to COVID-19) Check Beachguard
- Any closures due to severe weather, flooding, or catastrophic event.
- Any closures due to construction or renovation.
Please plan ahead as restrooms are limited; some parks may not have any restrooms open.
Ohio State Park offices are open for phone and email inquiries, and in many cases, visitors may make an appointment for in-person service. For all routine individual park inquiries, contact the park office directly. To report urgent state park incidents, visitors should text ##ODNR.
Trails, ramps, fishing piers, playgrounds, archery ranges, dog parks, golf courses, disc golf courses and most marinas are now open. Open air shelterhouses are now available on a "first come-first serve" basis; reservations are suspended through Labor Day.
The gift stores at Lake Hope and Malabar Farm state parks are now open, however, visitor centers, camp stores and commissaries may remain closed at some parks.
State Park campgrounds are only open to campers with reservations. No visitors or additional vehicles will be allowed. Find more information on camping at Ohio State Parks here.
Reservations can be made online at www.greatohiolodges.com for Deluxe modern cabins (sleeping 4-5 guests with furnishings, full kitchen, A/C, heat, TV, and screened porches) at the following state parks:
- Burr Oak
- Deer Creek
- Hueston Woods
- Maumee Bay
- Salt Fork
Cabin reservations can also be made by calling the lodge directly.
Deluxe cabins at the following parks: Buck Creek, Cowan Lake, Dillon, Hocking Hills, Lake Hope, Mohican, Pike Lake and Pymatuning. Reservations may be made at reserveohio.com or by calling (866) OHIOPARKS.
Due to COVID-19 guidelines, the following facilities are closed indefinitely:
- Group rentals, and group camps
- Pools and splashpads
- All nature centers and most visitor centers. All programming is suspended through Labor Day.
- All getaway rentals are currently closed including but not limited to Camper Cabins, Sherman Cabins, Cedar Cabins, Yurts, and Rent-A-Camp. Reservations for these overnight options may be available in the next phase of facility openings.