Ohio State Parks is committed to offering safe outdoor adventures at all of its parks this season.
All Ohio State Parks remain open for recreational hiking, fishing, boating, swimming and picnicking with the exception of:
- Portions of Hocking Hills State Park that are closed: Campgrounds, cabins, Ash Cave, Cedar Falls, Old Man’s Cave, and Whispering Cave. Conkle’s Hollow State Nature Preserve and some parts of Hocking State Forest remain closed.
- Any beaches due water quality/advisory (unrelated to COVID-19) Check Beachguard
- Any closures due to severe weather, flooding, or catastrophic event.
- Any closures due to construction or renovation.
Please plan ahead as restrooms are limited; some parks may not have any restrooms open.
Most state park offices are open for phone and email inquiries, however, they remain closed to foot traffic. For all routine individual park inquiries, contact the park office directly. To report urgent state park incidents, visitors should text ##ODNR.
Trails, ramps, fishing piers, archery ranges, dog parks, golf courses, disc golf courses and some marinas are now open.
Campgrounds are only open to campers with reservations. No visitors or additional vehicles will be allowed. Find more information on camping at Ohio State Parks here. Hocking Hills State Park campgrounds and cabins will open for existing reservations July 2 and are accepting new reservations for arrivals July 15 or later.
Reservations can be made online at www.greatohiolodges.com for Deluxe modern cabins (sleeping 4-5 guests with furnishings, full kitchen, A/C, heat, TV, and screened porches) at the following state parks:
- Burr Oak
- Deer Creek
- Hueston Woods
- Maumee Bay
- Salt Fork
Cabin reservations can also be made by calling the lodge directly.
Due to COVID-19 guidelines, the following facilities are closed indefinitely:
- Playgrounds and ball courts
- Picnic shelters, group rentals, and group camps
- Pools and splashpads
- Visitor centers and nature centers. All programming is suspended.
- All getaway rentals are currently closed including but not limited to Camper Cabins, Sherman Cabins, Cedar Cabins, Yurts, and Rent-A-Camp. Reservations for these overnight options may be available in the next phase of facility openings.