Plan your Summer Getaway
Visiting parks, trails, and open spaces are great ways to relieve stress, get some fresh air and stay active. There's no better time to start checking out all the destinations Ohio State Parks has to offer.
Since most Ohioans can reach a state park in less than an hour’s drive, there’s a great experience waiting just around the corner for your family this summer: birders, hikers, mountain bikers, canoers, kayakers, campers, and more — you can Find It Here.
Learn More about Ohio’s State Parks
NEW: Order your State Park Passport
Book your Overnight Stay at one of our State Park Lodges or Cabins
Book your Overnight Stay at the Lodge or Cottages at Geneva
Book your Camping Reservation at one of our State Parks
ODNR Operations During Coronavirus
The Ohio Department of Natural Resources continues to operate in accordance with guidance from the Ohio Department of Health and Governor Mike DeWine in the wake of the COVID-19 coronavirus in Ohio. We are monitoring the situation closely and doing all we can to protect the public and our staff.
What is Open
Public outdoor spaces at Ohio state parks, wildlife areas, forests and nature preserves are open with limited exceptions.
What is Closed
- All visitor centers and nature centers
- Fire towers
- Group facilities, including group rentals, group camps
- Naturalist programs, hikes, and special events at ODNR properties are suspended until further notice
- Old Woman Creek National Estuarine Research Reserve Visitor Center (Erie County) is closed.
- Magee Marsh Wildlife Area is closed during the week but open on the weekends (Fridays at 6 pm to Sunday at sunset) for visitors.
ODNR office locations are closed, but ODNR staff is still here to assist you:
- All Division of Forestry office locations and state forest office sites are closed to the public until further notice. For more information call 1-877-247-8733.
- All Division of Geological Survey office locations, including the Horace Collins Lab are closed to the public until further notice. For more information call 614-265-6576 Monday through Friday, 8am to 11:30am and 1:00pm to 4:30pm or by sending an email.
- All Division of Mineral Resource Management office locations are closed to the public until further notice. For more information call 614-265-6633 or by sending an email.
- All Division of Oil and Gas Resources Management offices are closed to the public until further notice. Staff is available by phone at (614) 265-6922 Monday through Friday 8am–5pm or by sending an email.
- All Ohio State Park and Watercraft offices are closed to the public. Staff is available by phone and email to respond to questions regarding local facilities, as well as current and new reservations.
- All Division of Wildlife district offices, and wildlife area headquarters are closed to the public and all hunter/trapper education courses are to be canceled until further notice. Contact Division of Wildlife