Coordinated by ODNR Division of Parks and Watercraft, the Paddling Enhancement Grant is a competitive annual grant program offering 100%* reimbursement to eligible political subdivisions (municipalities, townships, counties, joint recreational districts, park districts, conservancy districts), and state and federal agencies. Its goal is to improve or develop recreational boating access for hand-powered watercraft at public facilities. Up to $500,000 will be allocated to qualified projects with a cap of $75,000 for any single project.
- Projects that charge a user fee are only eligible for up to 75% reimbursement for launch ramp projects and 50% reimbursement for marina projects.*
- Facilities funded with PEG funds must be operated and maintained for a minimum of 10 years.
- All funded projects must be open and accessible to the recreational boating public
- Grant recipients who receive funds are considered to be "suppliers" of the State of Ohio.
- Grant recipients need to visit the Ohio Shared Services Supplier Operations website to create or update their Supplier Information status, to fill out an IRS W-9, and to authorize direct deposit of grant funds.
Current Grant Period: July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022
Application Deadline: Postmark deadline is March 8, 2021
Applications for the current grant period will be accepted January 1 - March 8, 2021. Applicants are encouraged to submit all applications electronically to Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.