- The permit application (above) must be received by the Division of Natural Areas and Preserves at least 14 days in advance of the requested visitation.
- You must specify which preserve(s) you wish to visit. A permit valid for a maximum of ten days may be available for certain preserves.
- Permits will be issued and emailed to the applicant at least 7 days before the scheduled visit. Maps, directions and any special stipulations concerning the use of the preserve will accompany the permit.
- Leaders may be available upon request for large groups. It is the applicant’s responsibility to contact the appropriate division preserve manager in a timely manner to check on availability.
- Research at a state nature preserve and/or collection of endangered or threatened plants requires a separate permit specific to those activities. Please contact the Division for more information.
- All visitors must follow the rules and regulations for use of an Ohio state nature preserve. Copies of the rules and regulations are available from the Division of Natural Areas and Preserves and are usually posted at each preserve.
Preserves Requiring a Permit
|Beck, Evans Memorial||Portage||10||The Nature Conservancy|
|Betsch Fen||Ross||90||The Nature Conservancy|
|Boch Hollow- Robinson Falls||Hocking||35||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves|
|Bonnett Pond Bog||Holmes||16||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves|
|Carmean Woods||Crawford||39||Crawford Park District|
|Crabill Fen||Clark||31||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves|
|Cranberry Bog||Licking||11||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves|
|Crane Hollow||Hocking||1285||Crane Hollow, Inc.|
|Emerald Hills||Belmont||73||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves|
|Flatiron Lake Bog||Portage||68||The Nature Conservancy|
|Forrest Woods||Paulding||292||Black Swamp Conservancy|
|Gott Fen||Portage||44||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves|
|Greenbelt||Hamilton||97||Great Parks of Hamilton County|
|Karlo Fen||Summit||18||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves|
|Ladd Natural Bridge||Washington||93||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves|
|Little Rocky Hollow||Hocking||259||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves|
|Mantua Bog||Portage||98||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves|
|McCoy, William C.||Ashtabula||107||Cleveland Museum of Natural History|
|Mud Lake Bog||Williams||74||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves|
|Myersville Fen||Summit||27||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves|
|Newberry Hamilton||Hamilton||50||Great Parks of Hamilton County|
|Old Woman Creek (Permit to Kayak/Canoe)||Erie||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves & Office of Coastal Management|
|Pallister||Ashtabula||105||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves|
|Prairie Road Fen||Clark||94||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves|
|Raven Rock||Scioto||95||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves|
|Rocky Fork Gorge||Highland||1167||Arc of Appalachia|
|Rome||Ashtabula||74||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves|
|Rothenbuhler Woods||Monroe||44||The Nature Conservancy|
|Saltpetre Cave (closed 11/1/20-4/1/21)||Hocking||14||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves|
|Sheick Hollow||Hocking||151||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves|
|Spring Beauty Dell||Hamilton||41||Great Parks of Hamilton County|
|Spring Brook Sanctuary||Geauga||72||Geauga County Parks|
|Strait Creek Prairie Bluffs||Pike||75||The Nature Conservancy|
|Stratford Woods||Delaware||95||Stratford Ecological Center|
|Travertine Fen||Greene||21||Greene County Parks & Trails|
|Trillium Trails||Hamilton||22||Great Parks of Hamilton County|
|W. Pearl King Prairie Savanna||Madison||20||Columbus & Franklin County Metro Parks|
|Warder-Perkins||Hamilton||25||Division of Natural Areas and Preserves|
|White Pine Bog Forest||Geauga||375||The Nature Conservancy|