Project Learning Tree® (PLT) is an environmental education initiative that takes students outdoors to learn and connect with nature in urban, suburban, and rural settings. The program inspires educators and youth leaders to take action for sustainable forests and introduces young people to careers in natural resources. In Ohio, Project Learning Tree is sponsored by the Division of Forestry.
Why Do Educators Love PLT?
- Balanced, non-biased learning experiences
- Early childhood through 12th grade
- Lessons encompassing the total environment -- land, air, water, plants, and animals -- including humans
- Correlated to state and national standards
- Hands-on creative activities teach children how to think, not what to think, about the environment
To learn more about PLT, contact the program coordinator or read one of our recent newsletters.
PLT-Ohio: Planning a Workshop
Visit PLT-Ohio: Planning a Workshop for information, forms, and resources.