Campgrounds are open 24 hours daily to registered campers. Quiet hours are observed from 10pm-6am. Campground visiting hours are from 6am to 10pm.
Day-use areas are open from 6am to 11pm at Ohio State Parks with some exceptions. Hours are one-half hour before sunrise to one-half hour after sunset for
- John Bryan State Park;
- Headlands Beach State Park;
- Nelson Kennedy Ledges State Park;
- Hocking Hills State Park;
- The Hosak Cave area at Salt Fork State Park;
- The Gorge Overlook area and Lyons Falls trail at Mohican State Park;
- The boardwalk at Maumee Bay State Park;
- The Lusk Lock and Sprucevale day use areas at Beaver Creek State Park; and
- The Mount Jeez area and the Butternut trail at Malabar Farm State Park;
Where swimming is allowed: Swimming areas are open from daylight to dusk.
Persons engaged in legitimate recreational activities (eg. fishing, hunting, boating, hiking, etc) or going to or from areas where these activities may take place, may be present in such areas at any time during the day or night, EXCEPT that such persons shall not be in any of the following areas one-half hour after sunset to one-half hour before sunrise without written permission from the chief of the division or the chief's designee:
- The day use area trails at John Bryan;
- The day use area trails at Nelson Kennedy Ledges;
- The Gorge Overlook area and Lyons Falls trail at Mohican state park;
- The day use hiking trails and picnic areas at Hocking Hills;
- The boardwalk at Maumee bay state park;
- The Lusk Lock and Sprucevale day use areas at Beaver creek state park;
- The Mount Jeez area and the Butternut trail at Malabar farm state park.